Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pretty

We brought home a new doggy today.  We met her at the shelter on Sunday, and we were gonna wait until Friday to bring her home so we'd have all week to get ready and all weekend to get settled. 

But I couldn't wait.  I couldn't stand the thought of somebody else going home with OUR DOG. 

Her name is Pretty.  She's a pit bull/german shepherd mix.  And she is the sweetest best behaved dog I have ever met. 

When I brought her into our house, she looked at me for permission before going upstairs to smell Mowgli's room.  When she met the guinea pig, she just smelled him.  The third time she came down to the basement to smell the piggy, she barked once, and ducked her head apologetically when I told her no.  The fourth time Pretty went to smell the piggy, Orm went to the door of his cage and acted like he expected the dog to give him a treat. 

I took Pretty with me to get Mowgli from school.  Mowgli has historically been terrified of dogs, but his cousin-dog Dolly helped him get over that this summer.  Mowgli wasn't entirely sure about Pretty, but I put Pretty in back of the suv, and had Mowgli get into his seat.  Before I got around to get in the driver's seat, Mowgli was reaching over to pet Pretty and was thinking about climbing in the far back with her. 

This is the picture Mowgli took of Pretty:

After they'd been home together for about 10 minutes, Mowgli got down, looked Pretty in the eye and said, "You wanna chase me?" 


They're not best friends yet, but they're headed that way.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone came into the room to look at the pictures and read the post. They laughed at Mowgli's antics, and his photography. Pretty looks a little nervous in this last picture. Like: "Mommy--are you SURE this is okay? He's not going to hurt me?" I'm glad you have your doggy. :)

    ReplyDelete