Monday, May 17, 2010

Sardegna

For most Americans, it seems like like the Italian destinations are Rome, Venice, maybe Tuscany....  But Sardinia is where Italians go on vacation.  And that's where I went for a statistics/machine learning conference.  Absolutely great place for a conference, though I do wish it had been late may or june instead of early may. 

Ok, just to start with the basics, here's the view(s) off of my room's patio:




This early in the season, there wasn't a lot to do but walk up and down the beach.  But it was so gorgeous,










And look at the color of the water once the sun came out:






Now there has to be at least one photo with me in it to prove I really was there:



The laguna that Chia Laguna resort is named for


Of course, I couldn't be in the middle of all this beauty and not pull out my paints


From Sardegna

(There were really funky plants in Sardinia, I'll post those pictures next.)

No comments:

Post a Comment